PLEASE NOTE: The Highlands School District will not be using Olympia Security Company as our new security firm. The district will continue the search for a new security firm.
At the Monday, February 18, 2019 Regular School Board Meeting, the Highlands School Board approved VEBH Architects to provide architectural services related to masonry restoration / roof leak remediation at Highlands Elementary School in the amount of $22,112.
Below is what is included in this fee:
- Entire bidding process
- Writing the scope of the work to be done
- Specifications and drawings
- Developing a budget and schedule
- Securing contractors
- Verifying that the contractors are bonded and have proper clearances to work at schools
- Providing an on-site inspector
- Coordinating job-site meetings & distributing meeting minutes to proper individuals
- Handling any change orders or taking care of unforeseen issues should any arise
- Reviewing contractor invoices and payroll; taking care of payment applications
- Securing all warranties from contractors and suppliers
- Turning over any drawings and specifications
- Having and open line of communication with school representatives