School Delay / Closing Procedures
The decision to delay starting times, to cancel school, or to dismiss students early because of weather factors or other emergencies is based solely on the safety and welfare of students. These situations necessarily require the understanding and cooperation of parents.
Parents who are not ordinarily at home at times of morning delays, school cancellations, or early dismissals should make arrangements at the start of the school year for their children to be supervised at home, or for them to report to a pre-arranged, safe place when such an emergency occurs.
1. Announcements of school emergencies will be broadcast on local radio and TV stations,
the One Call Now phone system, the district’s website, www.GoldenRams.com,
the website’s E-Alert (e-mail message) system, Facebook and Twitter.
2. On a one or two-hour delay, starting times at schools and bus pick-up times will be adjusted
according to the length of the delay for K-12 students. Parents of Pre-Kindergarten students will
be informed of the delay procedures at the beginning of the school year.
3. The school breakfast program will be in operation on a one-hour delay,
but cancelled on a two-hour delay.
4. Early dismissals due to emergency will be ordered only when absolutely necessary.
5. Please do not call the schools. This procedure will always be followed.
Additional information or changes during a particular emergency will be broadcast if necessary.