Highlands Virtual Academy - Middle School
2020-21 School Year
Highlands Middle School understands that parents and students are looking for an alternative to the traditional classroom environment as schools reopen for the 2020-21 school year. The district is proud to provide the same quality academic environment in our Highlands Virtual Academy program.
Specific details about HVA, the Edgenuity cyber platform for grades 7-12 and an orientation video are located on the Highlands Virtual Academy website.
Below are some expectations and helpful reminders for HVA students and parents:
- HVA Students follow the same calendar as Hybrid students.
- Students must sign on and complete at least three hours of active time each school day.
- If you do not complete three hours minimum you will be marked absent for that day.
- Five absences in a row result in an account lockout.
- Any absence must be explained and submitted in writing.
- HVA students also must follow the Highlands Attendance Policy.
- Secure and maintain internet service
- Parents / Guardians MUST have an email address.
- Create time / space for uninterrupted school work.
- Encourage / monitor student’s progress.
- Communicate with HVA staff in a timely manner whenever issues arise.
- Daily Effort (minimum of 3 hours)
- Follow Acceptable Use Guidelines for internet use.
- Timely communication with staff whenever there are issues
- Keep informed via HSD website announcements.