7th Grade Science is broken into three main parts: a) Ecology and the Environment b) Astronomy / Space Science c) Earth Science. Curricular topics are covered through instruction, hands-on activities and labs, presentations, projects, with focuses on improving reading, graphing, and writing skills in science.
7th Grade Science Topics:
Ecosystems, Habitats, and Biomes
- Living and nonliving interactions in the
- Food chains and energy transfer
- Changes to the environment
- Human interaction with the environment
- Astronomy throughout history and space
- Planetary movements and the planets
- Our moon and other objects in the Solar System.
- Sun, stars, constellations, and galaxies
- Mining of resources
- Rocks and rock cycle
- Changing land surfaces
- Plate tectonics
- Earthquakes and Volcanoes