Pre-K ProgramInformation for Pre-K ParentsWelcome to the Preschool Program!
PRE-K COUNTS MISSION & PROGRAM GOALS
Our mission is to provide high quality, comprehensive service to all enrolled Pre-K Counts children and their families. By forming a partnership with parents, staff and community members, we offer services designed to promote the healthiest, safest environment in which children, families, and staff can thrive and reach their full potential.
- Positive Self-Esteem
- Respecting children and families with communication and acceptance
- Encouraging and welcoming families to engage with the program
- Assisting families to obtain community resources and information
- Assisting families with Kindergarten readiness and transition
- School Readiness
- Developing the whole
- Aligning curriculum with Pennsylvania Early Learning Standards
- Incorporating individual learning strategies for students
- Encouraging a child’s curiosity and imagination with the classroom environment and materials
- Future School and Life Success
- Good role models
- Assisting parents to be advocates for their child
- Providing positive classroom environments
GRANT AND DISTRICT REQUIREMENTS
The Pre-K Counts grant contains several guidelines that must be followed, such as income guidelines, curriculum quality, staff credentials, attendance policies, instructional materials and program operation procedures. In addition to grant requirements, the program provider may have additional guidelines as well. The Highlands Pre-K program has the following additional requirements:
- Pre-K students must reside in the Highlands School District attendance area.
- Pre-K students must be fully toilet trained and able to use the restroom independently to remain in the program.
- Parents/guardians must provide accurate information when completing the application.
- Pre-K students will follow the Highlands School District Attendance Policy.