Highlands Community Action Partnership (HCAP)
Uniting Home, School & Community through the Power of Us
HCAP exists with the vision that all of us need all of us, and that none of us can succeed individually unless we all work together to succeed collectively. Because of this vision, we view the unification of Home, School & Community as the principal objective of our organization and set out to achieve this mission through the practice of the following beliefs:
1. WE BELIEVE that unity can only occur through transparency and the accurate, professional, and factual sharing of information pertinent to our school and community. HCAP will strive to serve as a model of this type of communication.
2. WE BELIEVE that unity can only occur through a bias towards action. HCAP will strive to be proactive and positive in the identification of concerns and the development of solutions, and development of an action plan that engages home, school and community.
3. WE BELIEVE that unity can only occur when our school and community come together regardless of background. HCAP will strive to create a new pattern of behavior in which all stakeholders are valued.
4. WE BELIEVE that unity can only occur when relationships are forged and all stakeholders feel they have a voice. HCAP will strive to serve as the vehicle for relationship building and empowerment.
5. WE BELIEVE that unity can only occur whenver our collective voices are used together to establish real change. HCAP will strive to create a culture in which we have power with each other, not power over each other.
HCAP Partners include Highlands School District, First National Bank, Woodforest National Bank, Penn State New Kensington, Oberg Industries, Grace United Methodist Church, Highlands ACC, Allegheny Family Network, AFS, Brackenridge Improvement Group, and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
If you are interested in more information about the resources available through HCAP or would like to join HCAP in our mission, please contact Highlands School District HCAP representative Dr. Heather Bigney at 724-224-5880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.