Research shows that the best way to prepare for the rigors of college course work is to participate in Advance Placement courses in high school. Aside from preparing for post-secondary education, there are a myriad of other reasons to sign up for AP courses. Here are just a few reasons to sign up:
Gain the Edge in College Preparation
Stand Out in the College Admissions Process
- Get a head start on college-level work.
- Improve your writing skills and sharpen your problem-solving techniques.
- Develop the study habits necessary for tackling rigorous course work.
Broaden Your Intellectual Horizons
- Demonstrate your maturity and readiness for college.
- Show your willingness to push yourself to the limit.
- Emphasize your commitment to academic excellence.
- Explore the world from a variety of perspectives, most importantly your own.
- Study subjects in greater depth and detail.
- Assume the responsibility of reasoning, analyzing, and understanding for yourself.